Early Years Framework Explained
The National Quality Framework is an agreement between all Australian Governments to work together and provide better educational and developmental outcomes for children.
Early Years Framework
The National Quality Framework is an agreement between all Australian Governments to work together and provide better educational and developmental outcomes for children. This Framework provides a new quality standard for early education and covers care across day care centres including long day care, family day care, preschool/kindergarten and outside school hours care.
The National Quality Framework Includes:
- The National Law and National Regulations
- The National Quality Standard
- An assessment and quality rating process
- National learning frameworks
This framework brings together 7 key quality areas that are important for children, including:
- Educational Program and Practice – Your child is supported to participate in play and learning
- Children’s Health and Safety – Your child is protected from illness and hazards
- Physical Environment – Your child plays in a safe and well maintained environment
- Staffing Arrangement – There are enough qualified staff to give your child the attention they need
- Relationships with Children – Your child is made to feel supported and welcomed
- Collaborative Partnerships with Families and Communities – Local community involvement and respect and inclusion of all beliefs and values
- Leadership and Service Management – Your child is cared for in a positive environment
Benefits of this Research:
Research shows that high-quality early education and care leads to better health, education and employment outcomes later in life. The early years are essential for establishing self-esteem, resilience, healthy growth and learning capacity. Early education shapes every child’s future and lays the foundation for later development and learning – so, it is essential that early education is as well-understood, protected and thorough as can be. The major benefits of the National Quality Framework include:
Improved educator to child ratios- ensuring children have greater individual care and attention for children
Educators with increased skills and qualifications
Better support for children’s learning and development through approved learning frameworks
Consistent, transparent information on educators, providers and services in the national registers.
You can read more about the National Quality Framework here.
At Karalee Kindergarten and Early Years Learning, we are guided by the National Quality Framework. We are committed to providing your child with the best early education and care possible. Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.